Saturday, October 18, 2014

DIY Dry Shampoo

If you are like me, you run out of dry shampoo in just a couple weeks. With my curly hair, I try to only wash it a couple times a week, but it can get pretty greasy by the third day. After getting fed up with buying so much shampoo, I decided to find a recipe to make my own dry shampoo. I found this one and I really like it. It has a separate recipe for those with darker hair (which I very much appreciate), but I will give them both to you all.




Dry Shampoo for Light Hair
1. Start off by adding 1/4 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup cornstarch to a small bowl.
2. Add 5-10 drops of essential oil (e.g. pink grapefruit, lavender, etc.) and mix well with a fork.
3. Store it in a secure container (I like to keep mine in a small jar and use an old makeup brush to apply it, but if you can find a shaker jar or old spice jar, that would work well too.)

Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair
1. Mix 1/4 cup cornstarch with 1/4 cup cocoa.
2. Add 5-10 drops off essential oil, and mix thoroughly with a fork.
3. Poor into a secure container and use as needed.

I hope this helps all of you with your greasy hair!

Stay classy,
Molly

Photo Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment