Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Half Way To Abs


Like I told you all in one of my previous posts, I would like to have abs by the end of the summer. I have bean running, doing yoga, and ab workouts to get to that goal. That is only half of the process, though. The food you eat is the other half that a lot of people ignore. I'm not going to lie...sometimes I just eat crap. Thankfully, my mother has raised me around many healthy foods. Though I am a picky eater, there are a lot of healthy foods that I do enjoy. Eating healthy is half of the part of getting you to your fitness goals. I have come up with a list of tips that I try to keep to for eating healthy.


Fresh Fruits and Vegies

Fresh apples and bananas are so delicious. I often forget that when I am looking through my fridge for food. Fruit is a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth. I like to eat an apple in the morning before I run. It starts my day off with a healthy food item, which modivates me to eat healthy for the rest of the day. There is also just something so great about fresh fruits and vegetables. I love going to the farmers market with my mom to pick up fresh food. It tastes so much better than the "food" you get from the grocery store. I recommend picking up fresh fruit and vegies. It is a great motivation to eat healthy.

Start With Breakfast

Yes, you have probably heard ten million times that you need to start your day with breakfast, no matter what. I have something to add to this though. Start your breakfast healthy. When I start my morning with scrambled eggs and some fruit, I feel almost obligated to continue this healthy streak for the rest of the day. Start your morning with something healthy! I don't know why, but this really helps me. I eat eggs for breakfast almost every morning. I also like to add a piece of fruit, like a apple, for something sweet.

Drink Water

This is also a super cliché tip, but I have proof that this helps. I keep some sort of container of water with me everywhere I got. Yes, I have to pee more often, but that is getting all of the toxins out of you. Water is not only hydrate, but detoxifying. I drink water with every meal because I find other drinks can take away the taste. I always feel so much better when I am hydrated, and my skin is always so much better when I am hydrated.

Eat in Small Portions

I am a big snacker and I have found this to be a struggle in my persuit to eat healthier. However, I have found something that works for me. I will eat about four or five small meals a day instead of three big ones. I can control what I eat more and I have an excuse to eat cute little snacks like banana and peanut butter sandwiches.  If you struggle with eat a lot at each my, try this tip and see if it works for you.

It's Not Illegal to Eat a Quarter Pounder From McDonalds Once and a While

Yes those things are like 1000 callories, but once and a while I just can't help myself. We are not all perfect people and sometimes that ice cream Sunday or quarter pounds just sounds really good. I don't eat salads and fish for every meal and never treat myself. I treat myself to a little chocolate every night to keep me going. You may slip up sometimes and just want something super unhealthy. Don't think that you have to eat 100% healthy. That is impossible. Everyone deserves to indulge once and a while. Just make sure you limit it, of course.

XO
     Molly

Picture Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment