Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My Weekly Workout Routine


Every Monday I give you all a new fitness routine to try out. These are great for people who like to experiment with their working out or just need a place to start. I have come up with a fitness routine that fits my concerns, and I thought I would share it with you all. Keep in mind, I am not a professional. This is just a routine I have come up it for my specific body type. Also, I change my fitness routine often, so I will probably stick to this for only a couple of weeks before finding something else that I sware by. (I will update you when that happens.) It is also difficult for me to keep to routines because I am a lazy person, but I am hoping that by writing it out, I can motivated myself more to keep to it. Enough with the suspense, let's get started.


I will do this routine at least four times a week, and I will increase the intensity as I become stronger. You can tweak the reps and time depending on how fit you are. Just make sure you are pushing yourself.

Ab Workout

I have a goal to have abs by the end of the summer, so I have bean super obsessed with working my abs. I have come up with a routine that I really like. I will either do this routine before I go for my run or before I take a shower at night. The routine is bellow. I will also do a few back exercises to balance out working my back and my abs, which I have included.

100 Crunches (make sure you lift your chest to the ceiling, not just your head, or you will hurt your neck)  
40 Lying Leg Lifts (lay on your back and raise your legs up and down)
30 Bicycle Crunches (each side)
30 Russian Twists (each side)
10 Second Arms Up Superman
10 Second Legs Up Superman
10 Second Right Arm and Left Leg Up Superman
10 Second Left Arm and Right Leg Up Superman
10 Second Regular Superman (arms and legs are held up)

Run/Walk for 20 Minutes

This is something I have more recently started doing. I prefer to do my run as soon as I get up. I get it over with quickly so I'm not dreading it all day. When I run, I don't run the entire time. There is a path across from my house that I run. I do a 2 minute warm up by walk to the path and then I start running.

I use to listen to music, but I have found I actually prefer to not. I always have the issue of my headphones falling out and I don't want to buy another pair, so that was one of the reasons. I also realized that it is more meditative to run without music. I am running through trees and up and down hills. I like to see everything when I run and listen to the sounds of the birds and the trees brushing by. It is very therapeutic. Also, I find I control my breath better when I am not listening to music. When you run, you are suppose to inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. I get distracted if I listen to music and this helps a lot so I like to use this technique. If you prefer to listen to music while you run, and most people do, make a playlist and try to run as long as it takes to get through the playlist.

After my run, I walk the two minutes back to my house as a cool down. I am trying to increase the time every week, the better I become.

Yoga

I am also trying to incorporate more yoga into my routine. I have a bad back because I am a cheerleader, and it is pretty much inevitable to have a bad back. Because of this I want to do more yoga to help my back and to improve my flexibility. I like to do it late at night before I got to bed, to relax all of my muscles, or in the morning to wake myself up. Just look up yoga routines on YouTube and there are thousands! I have also found a few great routines on Pinterest.  

I hope this routine helps any of your looking to find a fitness routine to stick to. Keep working at what you do. Remember, it takes 21 days to make a routine and every day is one less day to that goal.

XO
     Molly

Photo Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment