Oven Baked Egg and Veggie Mix
1 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 large union
1/2 bundle of asparagus
5 eggs beaten
1/4 cup graded cheese
A Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut union into thin half moon slices.
3. Wash the asparagus, trim off the ends, and slice into 3/4 inch pieces.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet and add unions. Cook until brown.
5. Add asparagus and cook until tender (should be about 5 minutes).
6. Add a pinch of salt and pepper for flavor.
7. Grease the jars.
8. Portion out the vegetables into jars.
9. Beat the eggs and divide it into the jars.
10. Top each jar with a table spoon of cheese, and carefully stir the ingredients together with a fork.
11. Place the jars on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Check for a brown top for doneness.
12. Remove from the oven and allow time to cool. Eat immediately or store in the fridge for up to five days.
Fruit, Granola, and Yogurt Parfait
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons granola
Your favorite fruit (apples, pairs, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
1. Begin by filling the bottom of a 1/2 pint mason jar with yogurt.
2. Layer the fruit almost to the top of the jar.
3. Then fill the rest of the jar with granola.
Oatmeal w/ Fruit (seems pretty simple, but your can be very creative with what you put in it)
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup fruit
1/4 flavors (brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, peanut butter, etc.)
1. Combine the milk and the oats in a jar and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
2. Then add your favorite fruit.
3. Gently mix in your flavor in and enjoy.
2 tablespoons of pasta sauce
1/4 cup of cold pasta
1/2 cup of veggies
1. Begin by cooking up your favorite pasta. (I often use leftover past since it is already cold.)
2. At the bottom of the jar, layer some pasta sauce. Layer as much as you would like.
3. Then place the pasta on top. Fill the jar about half way.
4. Now it's time to add your favorite veggies. Need suggestions? Olives, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, and unions are a few good choices.
5. Then ceil the top and just mix it all together when you're ready to eat.
Picture Credit: foodinjars.com, pinterest.com