Let's start with the makeup routine!
1. Begin by applying your favorite moisturizer and a good sunscreen.
2. To make sure your makeup lasts all day, start out with a smoothing primer.
3. When I am on vacation, I don't really like to wear much makeup. Use a lightweight bb cream or just conceal any spots you have.
4. Set your makeup with a mattifying powder next.
5. Since I get pretty pale during the fall and winter, I like to add a little bronzer bellow my cheek bones, up the side of my face, and at the top of the forehead.
6. I keep it super simple with the eyes and just apply a brown liner to the outer water lines of my eyes and coat my lashes with a lengthening mascara.
7. When I have a long day ahead of my, I like to use a nice setting spray, just to make sure everything stays in place throughout the day.
Next, let's get to my essentials!
- Bag: Find a nice tote that you can put all of your essentials in. Don't go too big or it will seem like you have two suitcases.
- Sunglasses: Especially if it is a car ride, the sun get's in my eyes way to often, so I like to bring a pair of sunnies in my bag.
- Snack: Raisnins are my go to because they taste fine even when it get's really hot in the car, but anything you like that won't melt works.
- Electoronics: Go through all of your devices (cell phone, camera, computer, etc.) and make sure you've got all of your chargers and everything you need. I like to place all of my cords in a separate pouch so they don't get mixed and tangled with everything else.
- Headphones: I know I would die without these, so make sure to bring them.
- 1 magazine and 1 book: We all know they we end up just listening to music or sleeping most of the car ride, so I try not to bring too much reading material. When I am awake, it is a nice time to catch up on my reading, so I bring a good book and a recent magazine I can flip through.
- Beauty Emergency Pouch: This is extremely essential for traveling. I like to bring:
- Blotting papers: Just if you get shiny
- Chapstick: Cause my lips get SUPER dry
- Mints: I'm not a gum chewer, so I like to keep a pack of Tick-Tacks in my bag when I've got stinky breath.
- Nail Clippers: Hang nails always show up at the worst time
- Feminine Products: You know you need them.
- Travel Makeup Remover Wipes: If you are driving through the night, it is just nice to take your makeup off.
- Sweater: These are essential! Don't forget one!
Photo Credit: pinterest.com