Friday, November 14, 2014

Falling Into the Season: Everyday Makeup Routine (when I actually wear makeup)

Once the cold weather starts to creep its way in, I start to switch out my "oil absorbing" and "mattifying" products for more moisturizing ones, but still keep a few basics since I do have naturally oily skin. This is my every day makeup routine. Now, keep in mind I don't wear makeup everyday. Many days I will just put on concealer and powder, but when I really want to look nice, this is what I use.



Step 1: I start off by using my Maybelline Fit-Me Foundation in 115. This is slightly too dark for my but I just make sure to blend it really nice. I would never use this powder during the summer because it would make my skin super oily, but during the winter time, I can manage. It is a very nice light-weight foundation. I like to apply it with my fingers because it is super quick and it gives the best look.


Step 2: Next, I go in with my Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. I love the sponge applicator on this concealer because it is super easy to apply with and it doesn't apply too much. I just conceal my dark circles and any blemishes that are outrageously big and blend it in with my fingers.


Step 3: I, then, set my makeup with the Rimmel London Stay Matte Translucent Powder. This is my go to powder, all year around. It is very inexpensive but works like a dream.  I usually use the Rimmel Powder brush to apply it, but any fluffy brush will work.


Step 4: I have bean really loving applying a little bit of the Rimmel Scandal Eyes eye liner to the outer inner rim of my lower and upper lash line. It just adds a little bit of definition without being too over the top.



Step 5: If I have a little extra time, I will also use a couple shadows from my Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics pallet. I really like this pallet because all of the colors are very pigmented and pretty, and they are all cool toned neutrals. It changes every time I use this pallet, but I really like the second and third to the right two shades. I will sometimes just apply them to my lid and crease for a little "put-together-ness" to my makeup.



Step 6: I top everything off with a coat of Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara. I have naturally long lashes, so I like to use this mascara to make them look even longer. I just apply a little bit to my top and bottom lashes.



...and that is my makeup routine!

Stay classy my lovelies,
Molly 

No comments:

Post a Comment