Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Summer 2015 Essentials: Beauty

It is roasting hot outside right now, so I felt very much in the mood to do another summer essentials post. With summer, I know my skincare routine does a complete 180 switch. I move from my thick moisturizers to light oils and exfoliators. Here are just a couple of my essentials that I think every girl needs to survive with beautiful skin.

Let's start with the basics. Sunscreen my furry friends is ESSENTIAL! I would recommend any of the Neutrogena face sunscreens. They are all great for breakout-prone skin. One of my favorites is the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock Broad Spectrum SPF 55. I think that 55 is a good number for myself and my fellow pasty girls. SPF 30 just won't cute it sometimes. It's so important to use sunscreen on your face every single day!

Next is a body care item. The Jergens Natural Glow Firming Moisturizer. At the beginning of the summer (about right now) I start off with the light to medium shade. I build up to the medium to dark by the end of the season. It's a really natural gradual tanner that isn't too orange. It also doesn't smell and is super hydrating. This is a definite must because I like to have a little color during the summer without damaging my skin. Darker skin also makes me look less washed out in lovely white dresses.

No matter how much sun screen I put on myself every summer, I always seem to get a little bit burnt (or a lot a bit). I like to apply a nice aloe vera moisturizer after a long day in the sun, and the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun is a favorite of mine. Even if I don't get burnt, it is a nice cooling moisturizer to apply after a whole day of heat.

I love to start using my favorite scrub more in the summer too. The Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily scrub. Though it says daily, I prefer to use it only a couple times a week. It has very fine beads that are perfect to not irritate acne prone skin. It is by far the best scrub I have ever used. I really helps with calming down acne and brightening the skin for the summer.

Lastly is a moisturizer. This is from the same line as the Jergens gradual tanner, but is specifically meant for the face. It doesn't make my skin break out, but it gives me a nice even glow. It's always super hard to find a gradual tanner for the face because the body ones are usually not good for your face, but this one is great! Try the Jergens Natural Glow Face Moisturizer.

Here are just a few of my favorite skincare products for the summer. Hope they help you survive.

Stay classy,
Molly

Photo Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment