Friday, July 31, 2015

Instagram Worthy Curls

It has taken years to perfectly curl my hair. It's just quite a unique process for those with extremely thick hair, though. I thought that I would share my findings with the rest of the world and let all of you know how I curl my hair. Maybe I could save some lives with this post. You never know.

1. Before I start, of course, I will use the Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Leave-In spray. I'm not picky about heat protectant sprays, but this is just the one I have been using recently.


2. Next, I will section off my hair at the part. Then, on each side, I will do several layers from bottom to top, taking about half in sections and wrapping them around my 1/4in. Conair curling iron. (You can find this for only $15 anywhere!) I will hold the section around the barrel for about 7 seconds, and then I will hold it in my hand for a few seconds before letting it fall. 


3. When I'm done, I don't use hair spray because my hair holds the curls quite well, and I like the loose waves that I get a few hours later. I will brush through the curls with my fingers a little bit to loosen then up, and then add a little bit of the Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream. This product is the reason my hair is so shiny. I'm a bit obsessed with it. It's expensive, but completely worth it. (Buy the travel size one because it's a lot cheaper, and you only need a tiny amount each time you use it.)


That's all! I will just turn on an episode of Law and Order: SVU or Criminal Minds and get to work. It takes me nearly a half hour to curl my hair because it's so thick, but watching something makes it go by so much faster. Everyone's hair is different, so curl it how you find best. However, this is how I get my favorite curls.

Stay classy,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment