Tuesday, October 13, 2015

No-Makeup Makeup for Class

Now, let's tell the truth here. Sleep is a prized possession once the school year starts again. With everything I do, I usually don't shut my eyes until after midnight most nights. That means I wake up almost every morning not quite refreshed and ready for the day. Some big decisions need to be made in your lie with how you should spend your time in the morning. Unfortunately, taking twenty minutes to do my makeup is not a priority. Though I love makeup, sleep takes priority most nights. Don't get me wrong, I look like dead in the mornings so I like to add a little bit. Here is my go-to routine for mornings with early classes.

Let's start with the concealer. Since foundation is pretty much out of the picture, I like to use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser Concealer. This has been a cult favorite of mine for several years! The unique sponge applicator makes it super easy to just swipe it onto any spots and under my eyes. The sponge pretty much blends it in most of the way, so you just need to dab it a little bit to completely blend. Since I'm in a time crunch, I will just use the same concealer that I use for my face, under my eyes too.


After concealer comes powder (of course). I have just started to use the Makeup For Ever HD Pressed Powder. I'm still testing it out, but I will just use any powder to set my concealer. If I want a little more coverage, I will use a powder that will give me that. (P.S. This is just the travel size. I got this so I could test it out to see if I really liked it.)


I have become a highlighter junkie recently. Even on my light makeup days, I love to add a nice highlight to my cheeks...and my forehead....and cupid's bow...and chin...and all over my face. I tend to go a little crazy with highlighter. The one I have been using recently is the Mac Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Soft and Gentle. This is a great color for those with lighter skin tones because it doesn't look to bronzy and weird. It's definitely a must for me when it gets cooler outside.



Of course I have to do my brows too. I use to never do my brows, but now I just feel so naked not doing them. I definition consider this a very important part of my makeup routine because it adds definition to your face. I am absolutely in love with the Anastasia Brow Wiz. The extremely thin tip works great to fill your brows in without making it look to fake. I also definition appreciate the fact that it has a brow brush on the other end, too, to blend out the product.


Once the brows are done, I finish off with a coat of the Maybelline Full N' Soft Mascara. This is a great mascara for volume and length, however it's not to dramatic for every day. I find it perfect for my no-makeup makeup days. Mascara is another makeup product I feel naked without. I have naturally long lashes, so I always want to make them look full, longer, and more dramatic. They become the center piece for my light makeup days.


That's it! Just a few steps of makeup can really pull yourself together. Sometimes I will go for a dark lip for a more "put together" and I-actually-tried-hard-on-my-makeup look. Otherwise, it's lip balm and go. Find your own quick makeup routine so that it can be your default when you are in a time crunch. Makeup is important, but some things are more important. Here is the completed look!


Stay classy,

Molly Steckler

No comments:

Post a Comment