Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Makeup Loves of 2015

 
At the beginning of the new year, I always love to find out what people have been loving most the previous year. I find it to be the most surefire way you are finding out their must haves since they haven't just been using them for a few weeks. They have really put it to the test of time. Because of this, I want to share with you all what I have loved all year long, hoping it will help you. Today I will be discussing the makeup products that I have just purchased over and over again in 2015.

Let's start with the face.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Fair

 
I've probably been using this product for several years, but I just wanted to give it another shout-out because I truly have loved it this year. Though I tried out several other concealers, I just kept going back to this one. The unique sponge tip applicator applies the perfect amount of product to the face and it has great pigmentation. The sponge blends the product out so all you have to do is dab it a little bit, and it is completely blended in. Even my high end concealers just do not compare to this one.

Rimmel London stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in Transparent


Keeping with the drugstore trend, my ride-or-die powder is this Rimmel powder. Like concealers, I tried out some more high end powders but none of them compared to this one. It is a very light-weight powder that keeps me matte all day long. Plus it's only a couple of dollars so whenever I run out if it, I can just run to Target and pick up another one.

Mac Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft &Gentle 


This was the year of highlighters for makeup brands. Hourglass started the trend with their Ambient Lighting Powders and then it seemed like every company was coming out with highlighters! I picked up this one while I was at Mac particularly because it was a high end highlighter that was cheaper than most. (Of all things, I just find it really hard to spend a lot of money on highlighter.) I've used it almost every single day I've warn makeup since I picked this product up. It is a great golden highlighter that isn't too dark for my skin tone since it has a little bit of cool tone shimmer in it as well. I just love the look of it on my skin and can't imagine my life without it.


Now onto eyes!

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown

 
Before 2015, I was never really into brows. Sometimes I would use a dark brown eye shadow on an angled brush, but I wouldn't do it that often. Then I came across this brow pencil. This might just be my favorite makeup product from 2015. The tiny tip makes it really easy to control how much powder you put on your brows, and I love that it has a spoolie on one end. Even when I hardly wear makeup, I love to do my brows because it just makes my look more put together and clean.


Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Pallet

 
I got this pallet for my birthday at the end of last year, and I have not been able to put it down. The shades Cover and Primal are my go to crease color shades, depending on whether I want a more cool toned crease or a more warmed toned one. I start almost every eye makeup look off with this product because it has all of the essential colors. I just love it so much because of how simple it is.


L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara


Many companies came out with so many mascaras this year, but my favorite is actually an older one from L'Oreal. This mascara is incredibly lengthening, which I love. A lot of people like to focus on volume and such, but I really prefer a mascara that will give me more length and separation. This one does everything I want. It has a super thin brush so it's perfect for getting really close to your lash line. Plus, you don't have to worry about getting mascara all over the place when you apply it to your bottom lashes.

Lastly, here are my lip loves!

Revlon Color Burst Lipstick in Strawberry Shortcake


This line of lipsticks by Revlon came out a few years ago, but I finally decided to try it out in the spring. I am in love with the texture of these lipsticks. They are super creamy and don't dry out the lips. I am in love with this color in particular because it is just the perfect nude pink. I have worn it all year long!


Mac Satin Lipstick in Media


This is one of my first Mac lipsticks ever, and I have to say I was not disappointed. I never felt I could pull off dark colors for the fall in winter time, but I decided to take my chances and pick this up. I do not regret that decision what-so-ever! This was one of my favorite fall and winter lip colors. It is a perfectly purple color that is a good mix between maroon and purple. It was just the perfect dark color for me, and I'm so happy I decided to pick it up this year!



That concludes my makeup loves for 2015! I hope this gave you some ideas if you are looking for some new make (let's be real...I'm always looking for new make). Come back later this week to find out what else I have loved for the year!

Happy New Year!
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment