Friday, January 8, 2016

Beauty Loves of 2015

 
To wrap up this week's review of my 2015 loves, I wanted to share a few hair and beauty products that really stuck out for me this year. I am constantly changing my routine when it comes to hair and beauty, so it really says something if I stuck to it for so long. Here are just a few things that have really hit the spot for me this year.

Herbal Essences Naked Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner


For this it is more the line that I have really enjoyed. I don't think I know anyone that has stuck to the same shampoo and conditioner because they don't really impress a lot of people. However, one line of shampoo I have really loved is the Herbal Essences Naked line. I love how there are no parabens in the shampoo and conditioner, and I feel like it makes my hair look really nice. It clarifies really well but doesn't dry it out, which are two things I always struggle with in my shampoo and conditioner. Since I have thick, curly hair, I tend to use a lot of products, and I like to use a shampoo that will thoroughly wash away all of the products so I can start fresh. However, I deal with dry hair from root to tip so it's important that my shampoo and conditioner are hydrating. This is a tricky combination to work with, but I felt that this line does a great job at tackling both for me.

Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo


Since I don't wash my hair that often, sometimes dry shampoo is a necessity. One of my favorites is this one, also in Herbal Essences Naked line. Unlike most dry shampoos, I don't feel like it makes my hair feel sticky and like I'm adding more product to my already greasy roots. It really soaks up the oil well and has a really nice sprayer. I know that might seem strange, but it doesn't spray out too much that it makes your hair wet, but just enough. It's hard to find a dry shampoo that really stands out, so I'm glad I found this one.

Essie Nail Polish in After School Boy Blazer


I've practically been wearing this nail polish all year long. I've loved it every since I picked it up at Target at the beginning of the year! This navy blue, almost black is a great neutral color that goes with any outfit I am wearing. I have been so unwilling to wear anything else because I've loved this one so much. I've definitely become an Essie nail polish junkie this year, too. I am just in love with their color selection and I really like the brushes on their nail polishes.

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion


This product was the first really high end skin care product I ever purchased, and I'm so happy I did. I will just apply this product to any blemishes I have at night, and the next morning they are much less visible. I have been going back and forth between salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide, but I really like that this uses sulfur instead. It's good to switch up ingredients you use in your skin care to find what works best for you, and I found that I really like the ingredients in this one. I also like that you have to use a Q-tip every time you apply it so that it goes through the two layers of product because it forces you to be much more sanitary, which is definitely important when it comes to skin care.

Aquaphor Lip Repair


I consider myself quite the lip balm junkie. I have tried so many different kinds because I have the most incredibly dry lips. It doesn't really make sense to me because no where else on my face or body ever gets dry, but my lips are just like a desert! I feel like I have just tried so many different lip balms, but I've finally found one that really hydrates my lips. I've always heard great things about Aquaphor, but to be honest I never tried it before because I wasn't a big fan of the squeezy tube packaging. I just sometimes find the it hard to squeeze out, and I prefer to use a stick that you roll up because it is more convenient. However, I have gotten over the packaging, and I really like it. My lips have never felt softer.

Jergens BB Protect Perfecting Body Cream with Sunscreen


I picked up this product before I went traveling over the summer, and really liked it. Then I went to Target and saw just a bunch of them on the Target clearance shelf for only a couple of dollars. I decided to swipe up four of them because I loved it so much, and I'm so happy I did. This is just a great product because it has the slightest bit of tint to it that gradually makes your skin just a little bit darker. However, unlike most self tanners, it is super hydrated. I've always wanted to be one of those people who applies lotion every night, and this product has really helped me be more consistent. I also love that it has a little bit of SPF in it for protection. It's just an all around fabulous body moisturizer.


I hope you found some inspiration from this post.

Stay classy,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment