Friday, July 15, 2016

Quick Summer Makeup + Favorite Summer Makeup Products

By now, I have perfected my easy summer makeup routine. Most summer days I won't wear makeup because I just don't feel like it. However, if I plan to hang out with friends or go out somewhere, I like to put on just a little bit. Here is my go-to summer makeup routine featuring some of my favorite summer makeup products.


I think primers are absolutely essential during the summer time because the hot and humid weather is just not a good combination with makeup. My skin can easily get oily in the heat, so I like to start off with a mattifying primer. My favorite one is the Makeup Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer. It really smooths out the skin and leaves an oil free canvas for the makeup, as well as helping my makeup last longer. 


Under my eyes I will use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer. This is my go to concealer all year long, but it is especially great for the summer because it is so light weight and easy to blend.


I will go through and set my concealer and t-zone with the Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder after that. Nothing controls oils like this amazing and inexpensive powder.


Brows are definitely an important step for me. My favorite brow pencil is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown.    


To bronze the skin, I use the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer. I always love to add a little more bronzer in the summer, and this one smells like chocolate! I just brush it around the perimeter of my face and a little down the neck. Highlight is definitely essential during the summer too.


I love using the Mac Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. I like to apply it a little more generously during the summer, so I hit the cheek bones, brow bone, nose, and cupids bow. If I'm wearing a tank top or something that shows a little more skin, I will add a little to my shoulders and my collar bones for added glow.   


For eyes, I keep it really easy by taking the same Too Faced bronzer on a crease brush and just swipe it in my crease. On the lid, cream eye shadows are great for the summer because they are super long lasting and very easy to apply. My favorite is the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze. It's a beautiful bronze color that adds a great shimmery touch to any summer look. I just apply it all over my lid with my fingers and use a small pencil brush to add a little to my lower lash line.  


I finish it off with some L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara and a neutral lip liner.


Though I am a gloss girl at heart, recently I have been using just a lip liner on my lips. It is an easy matte lip look that is super trendy. It lasts all day long since it's a lip liner, which is definitely important! My favorite is the Sonia Kashuk Lip Definer in Natural.  

That is my completed look! It takes me only five minutes to get this lovely summer look! What are your favorite summer makeup products? 

Molly Steckler

Cover photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment