Friday, July 22, 2016

Summer Workout Routine


By this time, I have established a workout routine for myself for the summer. It's manageable, and I'm hoping I can continue it for the rest of my summer and into the school year. I thought I would share it in hopes to motivate at least one person. I find so many workouts on Pinterest or YouTube, but I have decided to create a unique one for myself including the exercises that I think are most important. Join me and create your own workout routine.


How often? 

First, I want to let you know how this workout routine works for me. My goal is to workout 3-5 times a week. some weeks I can get busy or lazy and only do it three times, but I like to work more towards five times. I keep that range just in case. I want to be practical.

As you will see, I have it divided into seperate groups focusing on different parts of my body. I will switch out each day to make sure my muscles have time to rest and so I make sure I cover everything I want in a month. I like to have variety, too.

The cardio and stretching I do every day. Then I will pick two of the three groups (arms, abs, or legs) and complete those workouts.

What's my routine? 

CARDIO: 30 min. run
ABS: 30 second bicycle crunches, 30 second leg raises, 30 second scissor kicks, 30 second toe reaches, 30 second heel touches, 30 second push-throughs, 30 second Russian twists, 2 minute plank LEGS: 40 standing leg raises, 30 squat jumps, 20 switching lunges, 1 minute wall sit, 50 calf raises
ARMS: 30 tricep dips, 30 push-ups, 50 cherry pickers
STRETCH: 10 minutes of stretching

How to create your own? 

Though workouts on Pinterest and YouTube can be fantastic, it's important to create a routine that works for you. What are the things you want to improve about yourself? Do you want to have stronger arms, legs, or abs? Do you want to loose a little excess fat here or there? Do you want to work on your cardio? Sit down and think about what you want to get out of your workout.

Once you've done that, you can pick and choose from the exercises and workouts you have to combine to make your perfect concoction. Test it out a few times, and switch some things up because you probably won't get it perfect the first time.

After you have established your routine, make sure to check into it every few weeks. Increase your reps or switch something out you don't like. Just make sure you are pushing yourself not lacking on making your workout harder the stronger you get.

Keep working! You can do it! Remember that routine is key to staying healthy. It takes just 21 days to make something a habit.

Molly Steckler

No comments:

Post a Comment