Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My Organic Skin Care Fail


I have just passed the six-week mark in my new skin care routine and I thought I would give you all an update. (If you would like to know more about my skin care experiment, read my earlier post by clicking here.) They say you should wait several weeks before deciding whether a skin care routine works for you, so I believe I have reached that point, and I believe I can give you a thorough review on how my skin reacted to this change.



And...drum roll please...this routine did not work for me. *insert sighs from the crowd* I know, and I was very disappointed that it didn't work out. The first week of using the oil cleansing method, my skin was about the same. It purged for a few days (this often happens when you start a new skin care routine) and then it cleared up. I thought it was working out great, but then in the second week my skin started getting bad. I was breaking out like crazy! I tried using my favorite mask to sooth my skin, but there was no change, and after week three, my skin is still going crazy. My skin hasn't bean this bad in a very long time, so I figured it's time to give up this cleansing method and find a new one.

As we are told every day, not one skin care routine will work for everyone. I was really hoping this one would, since it was more on the natural side, but I guess my skin just didn't like it. It's back to the drawing bored everyone. It's not the end of the world though. From the famous words of Samuel Buckett,

"Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

I have decided to go back to the basics with my skincare. Using good old Cetaphil face cleanser seams a good way to go. This is the number one doctors recommended cleanser for sensitive skin and my mom uses it, so I thought I might give it a go. I will also be starting up my face mask and exfoliating routine that I put on hold during my organic skin care experiment. At the moment my favorite scrub is the Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub, but I would also like to try the St. Ives Even and Bright Pink Lemon and Mandarin Orange Scrub since it is sometimes hard to find the Aveeno one and because the St. Ives one is cheaper and more natural. I will use the scrub I have every Monday and Wednesday for I nice sloshing off of dead skin cells. On Fridays I will use my current favorite face mask, the Freeman Mega 8 Complex Facial Purifying Clay Mask. In addition to these products, I will continue to take my prescription topical treatment and daily pill.

I will update you all in a few weeks about my new skincare routine. Fingers crossed that it works well. If it is working well for me, I will share with you my full skin care routine (cleanser, moisturizer, treatment, etc.). Stay tuned for that post in a few weeks!

...be something worth writing about...




Picture Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment