Sunday, July 6, 2014

Peak Into My Journal: Books To Read and Quotes


It's time for another peak into my journal! (insert catchy music) Today is a two parter. First I am going to reveal to you my list of books I want to read. It is a pretty strange list, from titles like Anna Karenina to The Anatomy of Motive, but I have a wide range of interest when it comes to books. The second part will be a few of my favorite quotes that I have written down, that mostly have to do with writing and such. I also have a random thought that I wanted to include. Now let's start out with the book list.


Books To Read
1. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell (currently reading)
2. The Complete Calvin and Hobbes by Billy Watterson
3. A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn
4. Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks
5. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
6. Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut
7. The Anatomy of Motive by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker
8. Mind Hunter by John Douglas

These books are listed in no particular order, and my list is constantly being added to... Now here are a few quotes to leave you with.


"Create a character that has had so much suffering that it seems impossible for them to function, but then they do something great. They do something that a functional person could not imagine accomplishing. Inspire those who think that because you aren't expected to do great things that you should do it...you must do it."
     Me

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."
     Ben Franklin

"A writer is a writer not because she writes well and easily, because she has amazing talent, or because everything she does is golden. A writer is a writer because even when there is no hope, even when nothing you do shows any sign of promise, you keep writing anyway."
     Junot Diaz

"This industry might seem like it's going away, but people will always want to hear stories."
     Unknown

be something Great,
     Molly

Picture Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment