Wednesday, September 10, 2014

How To Deal With Unhealthy Food Cravings

I admit that as soon as I get home from school, I feel inclined to eat a three course meal, consisting of chips, chocolate, and anything else unhealthy I can find in my kitchen. This is a terrible habit that I need to work on, and I thought I would give you all some tips I have learned to cope with my desire for sugary, salty, and unhealthy foods, and convert to healthier and more appetizing ones.  


Let's start out with salty foods. When you are craving salty foods, your body is actually craving chloride and silicone. Some ways to deter yourself from just eating an entire bag of chips, try fatty fish, goat milk, cashews, and peanut butter.

Now let's say your craving a massive, greasy cheeseburger from McDonald's. When this happens, your body is wanting more calcium. Try organic milk, cheese, or any green leafy vegetables.

If you are like me, and you crave chocolate, what your body really needs is magnesium. Instead of chocolate, try nuts, seeds, veggies, or fruits instead, to fulfill your craving.

Lastly, when you are craving any type of sugary food, your body needs chromium, carbon, phosphorus, sulphure, or tryptophan. To replace the unhealthy sugary foods, try out foods that have natural sugar. Broccoli, fresh fruit, cheese, chicken, raisins, sweet potatoes, and spinach are the way to go.

Keep this list in mind the next time you come home from school or work, craving every unhealthy item in your pantry.


Stay classy my lovelies,
Molly

Photo Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment