My recent obsession with sugar scrubs has encouraged me to look up a bunch of recipes for making my own. You can make them for whatever skin type you have and smell however you want them to. These, bellow, are a few of my favorite ones. (Reminder: These are advised to be used for the body only. Don't use them every day or your skin can become irritated.)
Baby Rose Sugar Scrub
1.5 cups of plain white sugar
1/4 cup of baby oil
12 rose petals
A food processor
A pretty jar
1. Place the rose petals, sugar, and oil into a food processor.
2. Blend until you have reached your desired texture.
3. Gently poor into a bottle and keep in your bathroom to use as you please.
Vanilla Latte Sugar Scrub
1/4 cup coffee grounds
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Poor all of the ingredients into a blender and blend.
2. Add as much oil as you desire, depending on how moisturizing you want it to be.
3. Place into a jar and you are good to go.
Citrus Sugar Scrub Cubes
1/4 cup almond oil
1/2 cup shredded soap
3-4 drops of essential oil
1 cup sugar
1. Pour the oil and shredded soap into a bowl and microwave on high for 10 second intervals, stirring in between each.
2. When the mixture is melted, stir together and add several drops of the essential oil.
3. Pour in sugar and stir quickly.
4. Take the mixture and place it into the mold with your fingers.
5. Place it into the fridge for at least thirty minutes to allow the molds to harden and then pop them out.
6. Pop them into an air tight container and keep them ready to go for the next time you want an extra scrub for your legs.
Stay classy my lovelies,
Photo Credit: pinterest.com