Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Healthy Hair Challenge

Let's be real...my hair is a mess. I have gotten into the horrible habit of not taking very good care of it, and that is a major no-no for curly haired girls, like myself. I have gotten into the habit of straightening or curling it several times a week, and I have recently noticed how damaged my hair is. Do any of you have this issue? If so, take this journey with me to healthier, longer, and more beautiful hair.


My plan is to changing my hair habits to have healthier hair. Bellow are a few of the rules and tips I will be following. Thee tips are great for any hair type and style. The proper washing of your hair tip will be further discussed in a future post, so be on the lookout for that.

Tip #1
Let's start of with hair washing. Don't wash your hair every day! It sounds gross, but I have become accustom to washing my hair only a few times a week, and I can't even imagine washing it every day. Washing your hair every day dries out your scalp so much, and your scalp is very important because it is the roots of your hair. When you first start, use dry shampoo to hold you over in between washes, but after a while your hair will become accustom to it. Also, remember do regularly deep condition your hair.  

Tip #2
Heat is extremely damaging for the hair. In the past few months, I have bean using an excessive amount of heat on my hair, and I am trying to lessen it. From now on, instead of using heat on my hair several times a week, I will only use it for special events. Embrace your natural hair ladies, it can look so beautiful if you take care of it.

Tip #3
Do not pull your hair back into a tight pony tail, my dears. Every once in a while it might be alright, but don't do it every day. If you regularly pull your hair back into a tight pony tail, it breaks the hair causing those annoying little flyways around your face. Be gently with your hair, and leave it down as often as you can.

Stay classy my lovelies,
Molly

Photo Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment