Wednesday, January 14, 2015

CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Fresh Complexion Oil Free Foundation + CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer

That's right...it's a double review! The widely talked about CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous products will be reviewed today. First, I will be reviewing the CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation and the CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer. Want to hear my thoughts on these two products? Here we go.


CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Fresh Complexion Oil Free Foundation


Overview: First, I will start off with the foundation. CoverGirl's website describes this in saying: "Get insta-gorgeous with Ready Set Gorgeous! This liquid foundation's oil-free formula provides medium coverage to even skin tone and cover imperfections. The result is a flawless, natural look that lasts all day.The built-in powder system fights against shine, pulling oil and sweat AWAY from your face instead of trapping them under your foundation. Pair with the entire instaGLAM collection for a glam look on the go."

First Impression: I started out by using my regular primer, Benefit The Poorfessional Primer. I also used my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply the foundation. It was a very nice texture and easily bendable. I would say it was about medium coverage, and I prefer full coverage, but it was very smooth on the skin. I applied my concealer and powder on it too and then the rest of my makeup. 

Final Thoughts: I thought it was a very nice foundation. It was one of the best foundations I have ever used. It didn't budge all day. During the winter I get quite dry cheeks and an oily T-zone and it looked perfect after a long day. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a medium coverage foundation form the drugstore.

CoverGirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer


Overview: I used the concealer in conjunction with the foundation above. I had not heard as many things about the concealer as the foundation, but I thought I might give it a go, also. Here is what the CoverGirl website said: Get insta-gorgeous with Ready Set Gorgeous! The oil-free concealer helps cover up imperfections and dark circles instantly. The lightweight formula blends easily for all day coverage.Pair with the entire instaGLAM collection for a glam look on the go. 

First Impression: I started off by using the concealer under my eyes. It wasn't super full coverage, but it did brighten my under eye area. I decided to try it on my blemishes too, but it didn't conceal those very much. I ended up going in with a different concealer. I also decided to use it down the bridge of my nose, in the center of my forehead, and on my cupids bow since it did a nice job at brightening my under eyes. It got a bit cakey on those areas, so I don't recommend that. I went ahead and set it with my powder and did the rest of my makeup.

Final Thoughts: Overall, I am not a huge fan of the concealer. It is good for brightening the under eyes, but I have some pretty dark under eye circles, and it didn't conceal those very well. I would not recommend it for covering blemishes either because the coverage is extremely light.

I very much liked the foundation but I wasn't a big fan of the concealer. I highly recommend the foundation, and give-a-go the concealer for your under eyes if they aren't too bad. I hope this review was helpful to you girlies! Just remember...

Stay classy my loves,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment