Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Skincare Experiement: No Prescription and More Natural

You all know that I am obsessed with switching up my skincare routine. I have made a lot of changes to my skincare routine, so I thought I would just share a few of them with you. I love experimenting, and I'm really hoping that this new, more natural routine will work out better for me.

To start off, I have chosen to stop using my topical treatment and prescription medication that I received from my dermatologist a few months back. I have been using prescriptions that my dermatologist has prescribed for me for almost a year now and I have honestly seen not much of a difference. I was not a big fan from the start because I wanted something more natural, so I finally decided to stop using all of my prescriptions. Remember that I am just beginning to experiment with these items, so I have no idea how well they will work for my skin.  

Cleanser: For cleanser I have decided to start using just regular olive oil as my cleanser. Olive oil has a lot of great benefits for the skin. For a lot of people, their first impression of using olive oil as a cleanser seems scary. Olive oil actually has antibacterial ingredients in it, which is perfect for acne prone skin. It is also incredible at removing makeup (even waterproof mascara). I no longer use makeup remover wipes. Even more, it makes my skin super soft because it is a very moisturizing product. How to: I start with a bare face and clean hands. I take a small amount on my finger tips and then rub it all over my skin. I rinse everything off with water and then pat my face dry.

TonerI am back to using a toner again on my face. I am using the same one in the past that I really enjoyed. It's the Lush Tea Tree Water. It is a little expensive, but it lasts a very long time. I find that tea tree works very well with combatting my acne. How to: After cleansing my face, I sprits a little bit all over, and allow time for it to dry.

Spot Treatment: For a spot treatment, I have again gone back to a Lush product. I have started to use the Lush Grease Lightening Cleanser. I use it more as a serum than a spot treatment since I have pretty sever acne. How to: I pump a small amount on my finger, and then I apply it to my entire face. Make sure to allow time for it to sink in before moisturizing.

Moisturizer: Finally, for my moisturizer, I just picked this one up on a whim. It's called the Ponds Dark Spot Correcting Cream. It's very hydrating, which is good for me during the winter because my skin gets a little more dry. I honestly just picked this up because it was super cheep. How to: Scoop out a little bit from the container and apply it to all areas of your face and neck.

Hopefully this routine works out well for me! I'll be updated you all in a few weeks on how everything is going and if I have changed anything.

Stay classy,
Molly   

No comments:

Post a Comment