Wednesday, April 15, 2015

New Series: Living with a Little

Living with a little has become a new challenge for myself in the last six months. With my transition into college, I came to the realization of how much junk I have. We collect a lot of things we don't really need...including myself. I have challenged myself to shrink my collection to a manageable size. I will be going to college and soon living on my own, and it will just be so much easier to have less stuff to move.

I decided that I might bring you all along with me. I will be going through different sections of my room (closet, crafts, décor, etc.) and bringing you along with my journey. I went through a clean out early in the winter, but it's really time to buckle down with only a month and a half of school left.

Feel free to follow along in organizing your own things. Really look through everything you have and think about what you really need. When it comes to sentimental things, I think about everything I will want to show my kids when I am older. They won't need to see everything, just some glimpses of my life.

I feel that this is an essential step in the growing up experience. When you really learn that you don't need a lot to be happy, it's an amazing feeling. It's so therapeutic to clean things out because it feels as though you are cleaning out your life too. 

To all of my cleaning lovers or even those of you who don't like to clean one bit, I hope this series encourages you to live with a little, and organize your life a little bit.

Let's get started!

Stay classy,
Molly

Photo Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment