Thursday, April 30, 2015

Summer 2015 Essentials: Makeup

Summer!!!! AHHHHHH! I cannot contain my excitement! Can you tell I'm excited? No? Yeah, I'm holding it in pretty well. Anyways summer is my favorite season. It gets warmer out and the sun sets later. However, this also means a seasonal essentials change. I have been trying out a lot of new summer items since it has been quite warm where I live, and I thought I would share with you all some of my summer essentials from beauty, to fashion, to skin care, and randoms. Think of this as your summer starter pack. (Remember those on Twitter?) Today I will just be talking about makeup, but stay tuned for some more essentials posts!

Let's start with some makeup essentials. As you will see, I am not recommending any foundation, concealer, powder, etc. essentials because I think that summer is a time to let your skin breath for a bit. I recommend picking just a highlighter, bronzer, or a blush each day for the face. Take the summer as an opportunity to only wear face makeup on special occasions. On any other day, let your skin breath for a bit! It will thank you!

First I would like to discuss a new love of mine. In the summer, makeup slides off your face (especially your eyes) very easily. You also just don't feel like wearing as much. For a night out or any special event (for us non-social introverts), try out a Maybelline Eye studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadow! These are great, cheap cream eyeshadows. Use your fingers to swipe a little bit on your lid and along your lower lash line or line the upper lash line with a bright color. Either way, this will last you all day long! Swares! I like to stick to cream eyeshadows during the summer because they are super easy to use, lightweight, and stay on for a long time!

Another summer makeup love is cream blush. (Do you see my trend with cream products?) Any type of cream blush will work, but my favorite are the NYX cream blushes. They are pigmented, but not too much that they are impossible to work with. Either use your fingers to dab onto your cheeks or use a duo-fiber blending brush to blend it across your cheep bones. (If you're curious, I prefer a stippling brush because I am paranoid about applying too much). These, like the eyeshadows, last all day and they look more natural than a powder blush. It is also a great pop of color for those no makeup makeup look days. Just dab a little bit on your cheeks with a couple coats of mascara and you look put together!

The last next product is a mascara. Like I said, they can work great with your go to no makeup look. Mascara is really personal preference, but I will recommend my current favorite. I have quite long lashes, and I love to make them look even longer with a lengthening mascara. I have been using the L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara. This came out a year or two ago, but I really love it. I would recommend the waterproof just in case.

I tend to go for bronzer more than anything else during the summer since I don't tan (I would like to not be wrinkly at age 30). I am still on the hunt for a good bronzer but one of the best I have heard about is the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzers. Pick a shade that works best for you and have fun with it. Get a big, fluffy brush to just outline your face. No need for some major contouring. The sun-kissed (not orange) look is beautiful on anyone.

Last but not least is highlight. Every girl needs a good highlighter. If your not feeling blush one day, go for a highlight to perk up the cheep bones. The one I currently use is from e.l.f. It's called the Shimmering Facial Whip. Guess what! It's only one dollar! Cray, I know! Just squeeze a little onto your finger tip (you only need the smallest amount) and then blend it onto the high points of your face! Just find your favorite cream shimmer (lasts longer than powder) and stick too it! I think highlighter looks great on anyone.

I hope these makeup essentials helped you with your summer makeup wish list.

Stay classy,
Molly

Photo Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment