Friday, April 24, 2015

Target Haul + First Impressions

If you are not already aware, Target is a very intriguing place. You walk in planning to buy one thing and you will come out with several bags of stuff! I swear it's impossible to do otherwise. Now my obsession is quite clear to my friends. (If you are curious, I believe Target>Walmart...currently boycotting Walmart because I am always scarred for life after leaving.) I have visited Target a couple times in the past couple of weeks, buying some essentials, so I thought I would haul them for you all. I have tried most of the products I have purchased, so look for a little review on each. Let's dig into my Target bag!


1. Maybelline New York Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe: I have heard great things about the Maybelline color tattoo eyeshadows, but never gotten one. I finally decided to pick this one up. I love it! It's a beautiful taupey-brown color. It blends super well on the lid and works well as an eyeshadow base under powdered eyeshadows or just by itself.
2. Elf Eyeshadow Primer: I have had this eyeshadow primer before. It's only one dollar, and it works very well for the price. If you are looking for an eyeshadow primer on a budget, this is the way to go. (P.S. It has a little bit of shimmer to it!)

3. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake: I was in need of a nude/pink lipstick, and let me tell you, it is really hard to find the perfect kind at the drugstore. I have another lip butter from Revlon, and it is one of my favorite lipsticks, so I decided to pick this up. It's a really great color. It's the perfect combination of nude and pink to go with any look. These are super hydrating, so I highly recommend them!
4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Blushing Nude: In my search for a good nude/pink lipstick, I picked this up from Target thinking it was going to be the color I hoped for. Unfortunately it is more of a mauvey-color. I would recommend the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks, however. They are quite hydrating and cheaper than most at the drugstore.
5. Nyx Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk: I have had this before but I ended up throwing it away thinking I would never use it again, but clearly I regretted that. This is a great white eyeshadow base. I love to use it under eyeshadows but also the highlight the inner corner of my eyes and my brow bone.
6. Maybelline Concealer Instant Age Rewind Erase Dark Circles: This is by far one of my favorite concealers. I had it a while back, and I decided to pick it up again. I am in love with the cool sponge tip applicator. It makes applying concealer so quick and easy. It also gives great coverage. I love to just use this concealer on trouble spots and then use a powder with buildable coverage to set everything.
7. Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder: I saw a couple of people use this powder on YouTube, and I was quite intrigued. I was looking for a powder that had a little bit of buildable coverage to wear with a concealer on a regular basis, and I decided to pick this one, and I love it! It swear it is a dupe for the Tart Amazonian Clay Powder Foundation. It's that good! I have never seen a powder with this kind of coverage. I am super impressed.
8. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation: This is a really great foundation. I am especially a fan of the fact that it comes in two different types; one for dry skin and one for oily skin. This is a great basic foundation. It doesn't have super high coverage, but it's great for an everyday look. If I use my Maybelline powder, I can get some pretty high coverage. I just needed to pick up a darker shade of it.
9. Maybelline Unstoppable Smudge Resistant Eyeliner in Onyx: I have used the basic pencil eyeliner for a while now, and I have just gotten really sick of sharpening it. After the first sharpen it is never the same. I honestly just picked out the cheapest eyeliner I could find, which was this one. It may not be the most pigmented eyeliner, but you can smudge it out really pretty, and it's great for the price.
And that's my haul! I hope this gave you guys a few ideas if you were looking for some basics at the drugstore!

Stay classy,
Molly

Photo Credit: target.com, pinterest.com





No comments:

Post a Comment