Monday, June 8, 2015

Faves and Flops of Skincare

My loves. Now, I have a slight obsession with experimenting with new skin care products. I have struggled with my skin every since my fifth year in grade school. For these past eight years, though I have strived to find the perfect skincare routine, I secretly enjoy testing out new products. I decided to pick out just a few skincare products I have recently been using and provide a personal review of each of them.

Acne Free Sensitive Skin 24 Hour Acne Clearing system ($19.99, ulta.com )
I decided to try out this skin care system a few days ago after watching a great review of it on YouTube and reading several other reviews elsewise. The girl on YouTube has been suffering from severe acne for many years, and I couldn't believe the incredible results she had from using these products. I decided to try the line, specifically the sensitive skin one, and it burned my skin! My sensitive skin couldn't handle the percentage of acne fighting ingredients in these products, and I was forced to stop using it. Though this product didn't work for me, if you don't have sensitive skin, give it a go because I have heard it has done wonders for other people.

Boots Expert Anti-Blemish Serum ($7.99, target.com)
This is quite an interesting product. You don't see many face serums with acne fighting ingredients in them. Intrigued, I decided to give it a go, and It was...okay. It helped my acne a little bit, but not enough to make much of a difference. I honestly don't think it's worth it to buy.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel ($26.00, sephora.com)
This moisturizer is a cult favorite for many people, and I completely agree. It hydrates my skin without making it oily and smooths my dry cheeks. Though I prefer to use my Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer in the summer because of the glow it gives to my skin and the SPF 30, I always like to keep this Clinique one on hand.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub ($6.99, target.com)
This product is a true love of mine and not really talked about all that much in the beauty community. I've been using this scrub religiously for over a year now, and I do not plan on trying something different any time soon. This scrub has very finely milled exfoliating beads that are super gentle but effective. It doesn't irritate my blemished skin (I actually find it helps my acne), and it makes my skin feel super soft. Contrary to what the bottle says, I only use this product a couple times a week because you should never use a scrub every day. Hands down it is one of my favorite skin care products.

Que Bella Clarifying Cucumber Peel-Off Mask ($5.99, target.com)
This was the first peel-off mask I have ever used, and it was so cool! There is just something very therapeutic about a peel-off mask, as though you are peeling away all of the gross-ness from your face. Anyway, I tried out this mask a few times, and I found that it really helped when I was in major break-out mode. Though I didn't see a huge difference, I really loved the peeling off part, and it helped with inflammation.

These are just a few skin care products I have tried. I hope the little reviews helped you in your skin care search.

Stay classy,
Molly

Photo Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment