Friday, June 19, 2015

Free This Friday: 5 Things That Made Me Happy This Week

Everyone needs to take a minute and do something that makes them happy. Sometimes it's accidental and sometimes it's intention. Smiling and feeling happy really makes my day. Here are just a few things that made me smile this week that I thought I would share with you.

Number 1: The first thing that made me happy this week was when I was driving home from Starbucks one day. It was 10:00pm and I heard an incredible 80s song come on. (If you don't already know, I am as sucker for 80s rock.) I was going to be home before the song ended, and I wasn't about to let that happen, so I decided to take a longer way home. One hour later, I finally pull into the garage at my house. I had spent the last hour driving around mindlessly, listening to my three favorite radio stations that were all playing the best oldies music. I could not have been happier. Everyone needs to take the time to listen and appreciate the beauty of oldies music. It is a million times better than the crap they play these days.

(photo from here) 
Number 2: This photo also made my incredibly happy. Every time I see it, a smile spreads across my face. For those of you who are unaware, I have been binge watching Law and Order: SVU for the past few weeks. Mariska Hargitay, who plays Olivia Benson on the show, is my favorite character on it. I was looking through photos on Pinterest when I came across this one of her and her son being all adorable. There is nothing quite like seeing love between a mother and her son. I hope it makes you smile too.

Number 3: This one can be explained as questionably happy, so I will explain. I was shown this video two years ago by my history teacher, and I have never heard anything more truthful in my life. I recently found it again, and even though it is a sad, eye-opening speech, it made me happy to find that a TV show really had the guts to put it out there. Just watch it, and you will understand. Click here.

Number 4: This quote made me laugh so hard when I first heard it on an episode of Law and Order: SVU (do you see the obsession now?). I found this picture on Pinterest, and I had to show it to all of you SVU lovers like myself. Every crime show needs a little comedy in it. SVU does that incredibly well.
(photo from here) 
Number 5: I was on a run the other day, and the greatest running song ever written came on: Jump by Van Halen. I can't really explain why this song is so motivating, but every runner needs to add it to their playlist. You will want to run a marathon when you hear this. Trust me.

Stay classy,
Molly

Cover photo credit: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment