Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Light Summer Makeup in Five Minutes

To be completely honest, I love/hate makeup in the summer. There will be some days that I don't wear makeup because I just don't feel like it. If I have no plans, I find it unnecessary. However, there will be other days in the summer when I do a full face of makeup before heading out to run a few errands just because I have the time. When I don't have the time, and I want to do a little something to my face, here are my go to products.


Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles
 
So far, this summer has blessed me with a good number of good skin days, so most days I will just stick to using a light concealer all over my face. I also like to add a little bit over my eye lids to conceal any discoloration there. This one from Maybelline has been my go to concealer for a while now. I love the easy sponge-tip applicator. I like to blend it in with either my fingers or a beauty blender.  

Rimmel London stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in Transparent
 

I have an oily t-zone, so I like set my face with a light translucent powder from Rimmel with a big powder brush. Like the concealer, I have been using this powder for quite so time. I prefer translucent because it doesn't add any unnecessary coverage or cakeyness to the face. Let your skin breath a little.

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soliel Bronzer
 

After setting my face, I like to add a little bronzer to my skin. This is a new bronzer for me that I picked up, but I have fallen in love. There is no extreme contouring going on here. I just add a little bit around the perimeter of my face. I like to add a light dusting of bronzer to my quite pasty skin tone for a summer glow.

Mac Mineralize SkinFinish in Soft and Gentle
 

This is a new addition to my makeup routine. I haven't always been a huge highlight person, but I have come to realize it's benefits. I love to add a little bit of my Mac highlighter...let's be really I tend to go a little crazy with it. I start off by adding it to the tops of my cheek bones, but I end up also dusting it down the entire center of my face. I just love the glow that a highlighter adds to the skin.

After highlighter, I will take a little bit of the bronzer on a crease brush and sweep it along my crease. I don't do much eye makeup during the summer, and this is a great way to add a little bit of dimension to the eyes without overdoing it. The bronzer blends perfectly in the crease, and it makes it look like you really had a lot of time to do your eye makeup, when you really didn't.

L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara
 

Finally, I can't leave the house with a little bit of mascara. This lengthening mascara from L'Oreal is my go to. I add a little bit to my top and bottom lashes to complete the look.

That's the entire look! Switch out your favorite products for your own needs, and don't feel like you need to cake on a bunch of makeup every day. Give your face a break this summer, and it will thank you!

Stay classy,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment