Wednesday, July 15, 2015

How My Hair Has Looked every Day This Summer

Okay, I might be exaggerating a tiny bit when I say "every day," but...pretty close. We are all aware of the fact that for some unknown reason, we all become extremely lazy in the summer time. I believe that the hot weather might have some effect on that, or you can come up with your own excuse. Back to the point, a full face of makeup and doing your hair every day just doesn't seem practical anymore. For this reason, they invented the half up top knot.

This hair style first became "main stream" last summer as the go-to casual hair style. Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (fashion goddesses) were seen rocking this hair sever times, so I don't know why I didn't catch on then. Anyway, at the time, I was not a fan. However, it has now become my staple look this summer. It's a great way to get your hair out of your face, and it's a bit more face-framing than your average pony tail. Plus, it just looks cool in a weird way. Here is how you can achieve this lazy day look.

(photo from here) 
Step 1: Start with crappy hair. I'm not even joking. I find that this hair style looks a little strange with perfectly curled or straightened hair. It's best for that second, third, or fourth day hair because it has more texture, and it's a little bit messier.

Step 2: If you have soft hair or just showered hair, spritz your hair with some dry shampoo or texturizing spray. It will add to the messy look and help the style hold. This is also a great tip for those of you with naturally straight hair. It will help to add a little bit of wave and messiness.

(photo from here)
Step 3: Separate the top section of hair just above the ears in a upward diagonal movement (for those of you with super thick hair so that the bun isn't massive) or straight back (for those with thin hair so that you have more hair to make the bun). Pull the hair back and up to the top of your head. You can decide how high you want it to be, but I usually keep it pretty high so that you can see it from the front.

Step 4: Pull the hair together and begin to twist it. The hair will begin to want to wrap around its self naturally, so go along with it and twist it around its self. Take any hair elastic and wrap it around the bun several times to secure it. For reference of how big my bun is, I can usually twist a hair tie around it three. It keeps it quite secure.

(photo from here) 
Step 5: Pull on the bun a little bit to make it a little bigger and messier. Pull out a few loose pieces next to your face, and then finish off with hair spray if you feel that you need it (this is for those soft hair girlies). I usually skip the hair spray because it is pretty secure with the hair tie. Then you are done!

This is one of the easiest hair styles that I have every done! It's great for any lazy summer day, and it's an edgy twist on your average half up half down look. Try it for yourself on your next bad hair day. The messier the hair, the better it looks!

Stay classy,
Molly

P.S. I would just like to note that every single time I try to type "stay classy," I always accidentally capitalize the "s" and the "t." I don't know why but EVERY SINGLE TIME I have to go back and redo it. Just wanted to rant for a second.

Cover Photo Credit: here

No comments:

Post a Comment