Friday, August 14, 2015

Songs on Repeat: July

My ever-changing music taste has recently latched on to none other than the fabulous pianist, Billy Joel. With all of the "music" you hear on the radio these days, it's nice to have a musician from the age of real music to remind you of it's beauty. With that being said, I've managed to find the small sliver of good music from our own generation by taking a closer listen to the music played in the background of my favorite TV shows. Myself and many of my friends swear by the amazing music you can find in the background of movies and TVs (plus, you get a flash back to the scene of the movie/show every time you hear it, making it that much more special). Here are just a few tracks I have been playing on repeat this past month.

With this list, I, again, decided to type up where I first heard this song or what it reminds me of. It makes the listening experience of each time a million times better when you have a designated time to point it to.

Blue Light Of Flame by Dar Williams (Criminal Minds episode)
Ancient Light by Allman Brown (Criminal Minds episode)
Sleep Peacefully by Lily Kershaw (Criminal Minds finale)
Ashes Like Snow by Lily Kershaw (Criminal Minds finale)
Vienna by Billy Joel (suggested song by Spotify and I instantly fell in love)
We Didn't Start The Fire by Billy Joel (was looking up Billy Joel's top hits and came across this song...I intend to memorize all of the lyrics...maybe)
It's Nice To Be Alive by Ball Park Music (recommendation from friend)
100 Years by Five For Fighting (looking through music from the early 2000s and came across this)
You're Song by Billy Joel (It's my man Billy Joel, so I love it!)

Life is short.
So, make each hair flip fabulous.

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment