Saturday, September 5, 2015

Beauty Loves of Auguast

August was a month chalk full of new beauty and makeup products. Further more, new makeup and beauty products that I have been loving. With no Sephora anywhere near my collage, I knew I had to stock up on some things before leaving. Here are just a few of the products that have been my go-to this past month and that I will continue to keep in my makeup back this next month.

Let's start with the fun stuff. Makeup.

Mac Lipstick in Mac Red


First up is a lipstick! I have never been much of a lip stick lover, but this is a new found love for me. The Mac Satin lipstick in Mac Red is the perfect red! I know everyone has been loving the matt lip look, especially when it comes to bright colors, but I prefer a satin or glossy finish. This is the perfect blu-ish toned red for any skin type. It's not too orange, not to pink, and not too dark. I have been loving just lightly dabbing this onto my lips for a pop of color to my everyday look.

Maybelline Full N' Soft Mascara


Next up is a mascara. I am still in love with the L'Oreal mascara I mentioned in last month's loves post, but I realized that I wanted to find something a little more natural. That mascara is great for a fancier, night out look. You could say that this is a more reserved mascara. It does not clump at all, and it gives a good amount of both length and volume to lashes. It's that little extra va-voom that your lashes need on an everyday basis to open up your eyes a bit. It definitely lives up to the name "full 'n soft."

Anastasia Brow Wiz


I finally jumped on the Anastasia brow band wagon, and I am so happy I did! For the longest time, I would use a brown eye shadow ever-so-often to fill in my brows. I just wasn't a big fan of it. After I picked up this product, I haven't gone a day of doing makeup without filling in my brows. The extremely thin tip makes it super easy to fill in your brows lightly and make it look super natural. I have definitely come to learn the benefits of filling in your brows. It just makes your look more put together.

Sephora Collection Pro Angled Blush Brush #49 


I've also got a new makeup brush to talk to you all about. I have been eyeing this brush for the longest time! It is such a popular brush in the beauty world, and I have heard fantastic things about it. The Sephora brand brushes have amazing quality, so even though it is a little more expensive, I am willing to chuck out a few extra dollars for it. I love to use this brush for both bronzer and blush. It definitely makes my life easier when I am in a hurry, since I can use the same brush for both products.

Now onto a couple beauty products!

Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask


First off is a face mask! I had just run out of my last drugstore mask when I came across this product. I was struggling with a serious breakout, so I needed something to help clear out my pours. I had never tried a high end face mask, so I decided to give this a go! I definitely love it! It helped so much with clearing my skin, and my face feels so soft. You really don't need that much product, so even though it is a pretty small tube, it will last you a good while.

Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light


This is another tried and true product of the beauty world. I lured in by this product because it was in the checkout line, but I am very happy I got it. My everyday moisturizer has an SPF in it, which I didn't really need at night, so I figured this would be a great night moisturizer. I completely love it! It makes my skin feel incredibly soft, but not super oily. She has definitely created the perfect oil for those of us with oily skin.

Aquaphor Lip Repair


This last product may seem a little boring, but it is seriously life-changing! I'm not even joking. I struggle with dry, chapped lips ALL YEAR LONG. It is a constant struggle, and it makes wearing lipstick so impossible. I decided to give this a go while I was looking at all of the lip balms at the drugstore, and I will never go back. This is one of the only lip balms that isn't just a layer of petroleum jelly over my lips. It actually sinks in and softens. I use this multiple times a day, and I can't imagine using anything else. I'm so happy I found this before the cold weather struck, too!

Stay classy,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment