Sunday, November 22, 2015

Embrace the Color Cream This Winter

I just want to start by pointing out that I have been in a black obsession for the last few months. I'm not really sure how it started, but I have just accumulated so many black pieces in my wardrobe. When I do laundry, I hardly have any colors to wash other than black. I just love how it goes with everything and looks really chic. However, I would like to branch out a little bit. I know that light colors like cream seam more like a winter color, but you can really make them work in the winter if you wear them the right way. I have challenged myself to wear more light colors like cream this winter, so here is how I plan to do that.

Tip #1: Add a Cream Colored Scarf

(picture from here)
 
(picture from here)
 

I think this is a really simple way to add a pop of brightness to a dark, winter outfit. A cream scarf can add some light to your outfit and your face, but it still has that winter vibe to it since it's a scarf. Go for a chunky circle scarf or just an oversized blanket scarf; whichever keeps you warmest!

Tip #2: Add a Cream Cardigan/Sweater

(picture from here)
 
(picture from here)
 

Layering is definitely an essential for the winter time. You can go outside and need five layers, and then go inside and just need two. A great way to add some brightness to your looks is by adding a cream sweater or cardigan. They will keep you warm, and look very chic next to all of the darker colors.

Tip #3: Wear a Cream Coat

(picture from here)
 
(picture from here)
 

If you have the idea of "go big or go home" when it comes to the color cream, go for a cream pea coat or trench. Most people wear black and grey coats in the winter time, so stand out with a cream colored coat. I think it looks very chic in the winter time and you will definitely stand out.

Stay classy,
Molly

Cover photo from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment