Friday, February 5, 2016

January Loves: Beauty + Music + Photos

 
January was such a lovely month for me. I got to spend the entire time with my family, relaxing at home. With so much time off, I was actually ready to come back to school (just not ready to leave my perfect sleeping schedule of ten hours every night). Anyway, I'm back at school with a fresh start. February will bring may new experiences, but I thought I would look back at a few things I loved this past month.

To start off with makeup, I have been using the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation all month long. When I first picked it up in the middle of December, I didn't really get why everyone was such a popular foundation. Sure it was fine, but I liked my Maybelline Fit Me foundation just as much. Then I started using it with a kabuki brush, and that changed everything. I am a dye-hard lover of my Beauty Blender, but for this foundation, I found a brush to work the best. I can apply the product super quickly, which is great for mornings in a rush. It also has a very natural finish. Coincidentally, the new kabuki brush I have been using for this foundation is another one of my favorites.


I decided to order the Morphe M439 brush (a brush that famous YouTuber Jaclyn Hill is obsessed with), and I have been so pleased. It is an incredibly dense brush, and it applies my foundation so incredibly fast. I also feel like it gives a fuller cover with a brush as apposed to a Beauty Blender since it doesn't absorb as much product. I thought I would forever stick to my Beauty Blender, but this brush has left my sponge in the dust.


To keep with the face trend, another love of mine has been baking. No, not baking in the kitchen, but baking your face! This is a technique where you pack on loose powder to the desired area and let it set for a few minutes before sweeping it away. I have started to bake my under-eye concealer with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, and I have seen a huge difference. This powder makes my under eyes so much brighter (something I have been struggling for a while), and I'm not kidding, stops any and all creasing! I never thought I would hop on the baking trend, but now I can't do my makeup without this step!


Moving on to skin care, I have really been addicted to apply sunscreen to my face every single day. I have always been told that this was so important, but I could never really get into a routine of it. I either forgot or didn't think I had the time. However, I was determined to make a habit of apply it every day, and now I do. It literally takes just fifteen seconds to apply, and it feels so good to do so. The sunscreen I have been using is the Target Up&Up Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen in SPF 30. I honestly just picked this up because it was the cheapest sunscreen I could find, and it has worked great. It isn't super greasy so it's okay to apply under makeup. Just try and make a habit of it, and in no time it will become part of your everyday routine.


In early December, I picked up the Philosophy Purity One-Step Facial Cleanser. I have to say that usually, cleanser don't really impress me. Like shampoos and conditioners, I will use it up and then try something new. Not with this one. I plan to repurchase this after I use it all up because I love it so much. It is a great, gentle cleanser that makes my skin super soft, but does not make my face oily. It's just not worth it to buy a cleanser with acne fighting ingredients in it because it is only on your face for less than a minute, so I decided to go the simpler rout. I'm so happy I did.


For my body, I have started using a body wash I actually used a while back. I remember loving it so much then, but I don't remember why I never repurchased it. I decided to pick it up when I was running low, and it has not let me down. The Olay Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter body wash is such a fantastic body wash for the winter time. No body wash has ever made my skin so soft. It's like applying a moisturizer in the shower. It has definitely been a must-have for me. I'm so happy I rediscovered it this past month.


I've decided to combine my regular monthly loves with my music loves since I have so few this month. Maybe the music I have been listening to has just been so great that I can't find anything to compare.

Victorious by Panic! At The Disco










Tee Shirt by Birdy










Days Like This by Kim Taylor










Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy










One Call Away by Charlie Puth










Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons










Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac











Last but not least are a few of my favorite Pins from this month on Pinterest.

Photo from here.
 
Photo from here.
 
Photo from here.
 
I hope you enjoyed this list of monthly favorites. Leave in the comments bellow what your favorites were for the month of January.
 
Molly  
 
Cover photo from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment