Friday, July 8, 2016

Summer Vacation Essentials


With a few family trips planned for the second half of my summer, I decided to channel my excitement into a post all about vacation essentials. I'm not going to go through everything in my suitcase because that would take forever. Instead, I'm just going to focus on a few unique pieces that people tend to forget and other essentials I think are important.



Starting off with skincare, I leave my beloved Garnier Fructise Micellar Water and opt for makeup remover wipes instead. I find the micellar water to be to bulky and life is just made easier with makeup remover wipes. I go for the travel size so I don't have to bring a huge 30 pack with me. My all time favorite is the Up and Up Refreshing Wet Cleansing Towlets (the ones in the blue packaging, not the purple).


To limit the number of products I bring, a face moisturizer with SPF is a must for me. I pretty much use this Jergens Natural Glow Face Moisturizer all summer long because it takes the hassle out of remembering to put on sunscreen. It is a great, oil-free moisturizer that doesn't make my skin greasy, but still adds a satisfying amount of moisture to the face.

Continuing to body care, if I'm headed somewhere sunny, I always make sure to pack some aloe vera gel. I can so easily get sun burnt, so this is an absolute must. It's also great for just rubbing on my skin after a long day in the sun because its very cooling and hydrating. Bringing just saves me my usual trip to the drugstore for bottle of it. My current favorite is the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun.


Switching over to makeup, I definitely like to keep it minimal. Instead of a foundation, I like to bring a lightweight BB cream. My favorite for many years has been the Rimmel London BB Cream Matte in Light. This BB cream is very watery and lightweight, so it feels like you have nothing on your skin. The lightest shade is quite dark so I can really only wear it in the summer when I get tan, but it is still and excellent drugstore gem.

I don't wear much eye shadow on vacation, except for some bronzer in the crease of my eye. However, I do like to bring along the Maybelline New York Color Tattoo 24 HR in #25 Bad to the Bronze. It's a beautiful shimmery, bronze cream eye shadow that I can apply with my fingers all over my lid. It stays on all day too, so it's perfect for long days adventuring around a city.

I will also bring a waterproof creme eyeliner with my. I love the definition that eyeliner adds to any look. The Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in #003 Brown is a great dark brown that isn't too harsh for a natural look. The waterproof aspect is definitely a bonus too.


Moving on to fashion, my go to purse for vacation is a simple cross-body in a neutral color. This one from Charming Charlie is one of my favorites. It just makes life easier not having to lug around a giant tote everywhere, and it's great to have both hands free while shopping around town.

You can't forget your workout clothes too! I'm never quite sure if I will have time to workout while on vacation, but it's nice to have them handy. It's also a great motivation to see it packed and ready to go in my suitcase every time I reach in it.


Lastly, I love to throw a book or two in my carry on bag. There is no better time to read than while on vacation. My go-to summer reads are all by Nicholas Sparks, so I tend to grab one of those from my collection (The Last Song is my favorite. I probably read it every summer.) Trust me, you won't want to forget one of these for those long car rides, plane rides, or for just laying out on the beach.

Those are all of my vacation essentials! I hope this helped you when packing for your next get-away. Safe travels!

Molly Steckler  

Cover photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment