Saturday, August 2, 2014

First Day Back: Miranda Kerr Inspired Back to School Fashion


Well known Australian model and former Victoria's Secret Angle, Miranda Kerr, has bean my fashion inspiration for several years. As a mom, she knows how to dress comfortably while still looking cute. Her daytime clothing is also usually pretty modest, which is something I really like about her. For my last post of this First Day Back series, I picked out a few of my favorite outfits of hers as inspiration for this school year, and I found similar pieces that are more affordable. I hope this helps you when you are in a crunch for what to wear on your first day back to school.


Girly and Comfy

 
This first look of Miranda's is one of my favorites. Its a classic girly look, that is also super comfortable. I found a similar polo of hers from American Eagle for only $24.95, a denim faded jacket from Forever 21 for $29.80, and a flowy skirt from H&M for $34.95. For accessories, I found a similar hat and brown bag, both for $24.95 and both from H&M. I found a similar pair of brown booties with a comfortably short chunky heal from DSW for $49.95. Most of these items are basics, and can easily be mixed with other pieces to make cute outfits.
 
 
Put Together and Cozy
 
 
This look is similar to the first look, but the long pants and long sleeve button up make it better for cooler fall days. I think black pants are essential for the fall and winter, so I found a pair from Charlotte Russe for $29.99. Swap out the polo for a long sleeve button up, and I found a nice one from Express for $49.90 (I am not afraid to spend a little more money on basics, like a white button up since they go with everything). Pair the pants and blouse with the same booties from DSW, jacket from Forever 21, and hat from H&M from the last outfit. I chose a black bag from H&M for $24.95 for something a little different. This is a super comfy outfit, but the different textures and lengths make it a bit more interesting. 
 


Comfy and Edgy
 
This look is one of Miranda's edgier looks, but anyone can pull it off and put their own twist on it with different types of jackets. Jackets are perfect for making jeans and a t-shirt an outfit. I found a similar jacket from Target for $44.99. Forever 21 has v-necks for only $3.80, so pick up a white one there if you don't already have one. I am in love with Hollister jeans because they are so comfortable, so I found a grey pair for $49.95. Check out Forever 21 for a grey tote, also, for $27.80. For the final touch, I found a inexpensive pair of leopard print flats from Target for only $12.74. The flats are a great way to spice up the otherwise basic look.
 
 
When it comes to fashion at school, being comfy and cute can be achieved without spending too much. Most of these pieces are basics that can be swapped out and mixed with unique accessories for a put together look. Always pair a jacket or sweater with your look because we all know how cold the classroom can get once fall comes around.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment